[Discussion & Feedback] Katakana 4.5k

Sorry for the delayed response. I have updated a fix so it should be working now.

:+1:

1 Like

I confirm that it’s working now. Thanks :grin:

1 Like

Is this how it’s supposed to look like now? :o

What do you mean?

The font. You didn’t have this one before, right? :thinking:

Ah, I did actually. It was being overrided on some browsers for some reason. This is my intended font.

1 Like

Are you refering to the English font? That’s because of Kitsun.

Nah, the Japanese one. My first impression of it was thinking that it looked weird, but I guess it’s a matter of individual preference, so I don’t mind :v:

Yo Hine!

I’m noticing that with time, I’m starting to give alternative and correct readings to cards, but it’s asking me for another reading (mine gets considered wrong because it’s not added). However, I don’t find relying on just 1 reading and using it for all variations of a word a good enough solution.

Have you considered a way to mark the answer as yellow i.e. It’s looking for another answer? Like on Wanikani when they tell you they’re looking for another reading?

I think it could be a good thing to implement (if even possible).

2 Likes

This is not something Hine can implement, it’s something that’d need to be implemented into Kitsun itself ^^

2 Likes

Maybe think of adding it to the 72937129317391 features on the backlog then :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

@Neicudi and I were discussing an option for “close but not quite” option in the future. Maybe that would be a good usage for what your are suggesting?

2 Likes

Yes, I guess it would follow the same vibes :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to have the word ストーカー (29kk results on google) added to this deck? :clown_face:

Added to the deck. :+1:

2 Likes

I think I’ve found a problem.

As you can see, this card has the field “notes” empty:

However, the card itself actually has text in that field.

The text isn’t displaying. Is this a problem in the template/layout itself or…? :thinking:

I also checked my personal notes (blue pencil) just in case and it’s empty (as I believed it was) - in case this info helps.

hmm, it should be included with the PoS. I will check it out. Thanks for pointing it out.

update - fixed :+1:

1 Like

Question: What’s the difference between wind with small i and wind with not small i?

ウィンド (wi) vs ウインド (ui)

Does it refer to “wind” as same object? Or does it refer to different objects? Like wind as a noun, and wind like to wind as a verb? :thinking:

A lot of katakana words are written in different ways. In this case, wind has 2 ways of how it’s written in Japanese:

There’s no difference in this case other than ウインド being slightly more common I think.

How do we know which one is the expected answer if they both refer to “wind” when the question is just “wind”? My current solution: Hibernate one card. Another solution: Add a user synonym to the chosen card to accept another way of how it’s written.

1 Like