The Lost WK Levels: 61-70

怜悧 is covered in as a word in the second batch of 5 vocabs, despite neither being one of the first 10 kanji learned. Did you mistake 怜 for 伶, or was there some other error here?

2 Likes

Thought I marked it for deletion, but it is now. There may be a few of these, not sure why the dictionary picks these on the kanji entry but I didn’t catch while adding it, thx!

2 Likes

If you want to be exhuastive with kunyomi readings, you may wish to add:

むく・いる for 侑

きみ and まと for 侯

へつら・う for 倖

1 Like

Added them in, thx! Feels like we’re on the outer rim of the galaxy. I’m not sure if kanjipedia keeps outdated readings for any reason.

傲岸 has been marked for deletion (not sure if anyone sees it) so feel free to hibernate

2 Likes

They should be gone now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For 侃々諤々, it seems to have a bit more of a negative connotation. Most importantly:

侃々諤々とは、多くの人が集まってうるさく議論するという意味のこと。有益で実りのある会議というよりは、騒がしくまとまりがない話し合いのさまを表すのに用いられる。

So loud and fruitless arguing by a lot of people. And based on the weblio example sentences, it seems it is used as “obstinate” and “controversial” as well.

Currently you have

outspoken, arguing (heatedly) what one believes in, insisting on something without restraint

Which all sound to be some combination of positive and/or distant from what I found at least.

侃直 seems very obscure. It is listed as such on jisho, and outside of dual language dictionaries, it didn’t seem like official dictionaries had.

Same with 侑食.

1 Like

Feel to add how the nuance you want and I’ll accept in the feedback or I can just add a different example sentence. The definition from Jisho and Weblio are the same though.

If you look at the definition, none of these are positive things in Japanese culture, lol!

Seems like something that could be used but ゆう is mostly for names. It’s our only vocab so up to you for practice or not. It is referenced here and when I searched amazon jp or videos, it recognized the concept.

It is! Again, up to you if you want another vocab to practice the かん reading but 侃侃諤諤 seems far more common. I put a obscure note in the vocab.

For 偲, I think the memnonic should be for しの, considering it is both the most common occurence for it as a word (in 偲ぶ), and also the only 名乗り. The only use of し I found was 切々偲々, and I didn’t find an example of さい (though I didn’t look too hard).

All set, added mnemonic reading. さい came up in a few instances with a name label, one was a flower set and another a dinner set.

It feels like さ ought to be the primary reading of 冴 given both its prevalence in in words, and its prevalence in names as さえ clearly comes from just rolling the え into the reading. こ I only find being used in 冴る as an alternate, more obscure way of writing 凍る.

1 Like

Only 冴寒 comes up with ご but rest were さ. All three are there now but with さ as the primary. For names, the first that came up was 冴子 (さえこ)that I found so added that as a note as well, thx!

1 Like

Oh yeah, for ご is as well, but I thought the original reading was for こ rather than than ご., which is why I mentioned it. さ, さえ, こ, and ご, appear to all be valid readings.

1 Like

Looks like for 冶, there is also readings of:
と・ける
なまめ・かしい

For 凜, it seems there are also readings of
さむ・い
すさ・まじい
り・りしい
(plus り shows up as nanori as well)

For 凪 it appears that な is also a name reading, so maybe that should be the dominant reading?

1 Like

One would assume this is alternate reading for 溶ける but they don’t seem to actively list it. Nonetheless, readings added :+1:

All set :+1:

I get more なぎ vocab and for names, seems~50/50, so extended the mnemonic so we have both な and なぎ.

Thank you for all the great suggestions @MegaZeroX :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t find 冶 used as a word in any jp dictionary. Everything appears to just be info about the kanji itself.

For 魁, you appear to be missing the reading おお・きい.

1 Like

I have 冶 (や) alone. Kitsun can also produce these which I can add if helpful.
冶金学者 (やきんがくしゃ) - metallurgist
刀鍛冶 (かたなかじ) - swordsmith

All set

For 鳳, I think “feng” should be added as a synonym, since that is the name of the bird (凰 was huang, and when they fused together 鳳凰 they made fenghuang).

1 Like

Hmm. Is 鮎 in it twice? I just got it as a lesson again…

Edit: Nevermind, its just in vocab, and I forgot :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit 2: Though 鰯 does appear in a vocab without the kanji ever being introduced…

1 Like

I don’t intend on adding it, it’s not on the N1/Joyo list and usually written as いわし. It’s too long to well as double reading so I updated the entry to hiragana and put in a note entry regarding the kanji so users are aware.

1 Like

For 匡, the dominant readings related to the kunyomi/onyomi for names appears to be きょう and forms of ただ (ただ/ただす/ただし), while the dominant reading for words is きょう, so I think the primary reading should be one of those.

Also, I don’t see おう used anywhere as a reading, even in names.

叡 has additional readings of かしこ・い and さと・い

1 Like