Search for the lost deck

So… I have lost a deck. Maybe?

I had a ‘radish test deck’ which I used for helping to test out new features and so on. A while ago, I noticed that it no longer existed. I was a bit confused, because although I had been vaguely planning to turn it into another deck eventually if it was no longer useful, I didn’t think I’d actually done so yet. I figured I must have just forgotten though.

But now that we can search all of our cards across decks… I’ve realised that I can still see the three cards belonging to that deck :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So if the cards are still there… where is the deck?! Is it lost in some kind of terrible deck limbo?! How did it get there?! CAN IT BE SAVED?!

2 Likes

Are you perhaps looking at a specific filter (at the top of the decks page)?

Edit: I took a look at your account, I don’t see it either… Gonna check in the database!

Edit 2: It’s still in there (it’s the very first deck in Kitsun actually :smiley:)

It’s set under the “Decks under construction” folder, not sure why it’s not showing, will take a look at the code.

1 Like

That’s why I wanted to keep it! :grin: was a bit perturbed that I couldn’t remember which deck I’d turned it into :joy:

Ah, cool. That’s where I thought it was before it mysteriously disappeared. I probably did something bizarre. Thanks for taking a look into this!

2 Likes

I can’t find anything weird in the database, it’s all still there (as I never delete anything unless explicit permission has been given by the user).

I think there might be a problem with the query, no clue what though. I’ll debug it once I get home from work tonight.

Sorry for the inconvenience! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Remember when I had this problem? Maybe the source of it is the same?

1 Like

I don’t remember :smiley:

1 Like

No rush ^^ it’s not like I desperately need it for anything.

1 Like

Sorry, life got in the way. I promise to take a good look as soon as possible! So far I’ve been unable to find anything weird with the query or your deck in the database.

1 Like

It’s really not urgent, don’t stress over it! <3

1 Like

It’s fixed! :smiley:

The “isFolder” property wasn’t set on some old decks, but one of my queries checks if “isFolder” is “false”. Turns out that if it’s not set, it doesn’t count as false for the query :stuck_out_tongue:

43 super old decks were not being shown because of this D:

Thanks for reporting!

2 Likes

I seeeeeeee him! :heart_eyes:

Thank you very much for locating my poor missing deck :blush: I’m surprised nobody had mentioned it before if there were that many!

Can you make it so that we can select solutions to the thread?

2 Likes

It seems like I need to install a plugin for that, which means that I’d have to rebuild discourse (iirc). I’ll add it sometime soon since I also want to install a plugin to have a nice top header for linking back towards kitsun.

1 Like

Woah, okay. Definitely no rush on that one!

I was thinking of saying that the current header is a little underwhelming :wink:

1 Like

You can now use the ‘Solved’ feature :slight_smile:

Also added the header links

2 Likes

Sweet, thank you!

They disappear in-thread :thinking:

For mobile that’s intended at least (due to the screensize) and they reappear when you scroll up a little bit.

Not sure why it’s like this for desktop though :sweat_smile:

Edit: Fixed it I think.

2 Likes

Yep, can see them now! Maybe I should start a ‘forums feedback’ thread so I don’t keep spamming you with requests by derailing all these other threads :joy:

please don’t tell me one already exists

2 Likes

hahah it’s fine, really. I consider the forums part of Kitsun so you could just post it in the minor annoyances thread if you want.

On the other hand… some more stuff is bound to come up regarding the forums, might be good to actually have a dedicated thread :thinking:

2 Likes