Lessons are not Quizzed

I think it is best to move this issue to a separate topic from the annoyances thread to keep it more clean.

The Issue

You take lessons for a certain batch size, look at all the lessons, but when you take the quiz not all items are tested. They reappear when you restart the lesson process.

@Neicudi just had a review lesson with a missing item, if you have some logs. It was just a few minutes ago, missing was ヒット on 4.5k. I had a 7 lesson session, afterwards there was still 1 lesson available in the navigation bar. Then I was able to finish all lessons by taking the missing lesson again.

Not so much observations, but I think the counter on top of the page as doing the right thing during the quiz (right number of quiz items, counting down to 1), but the quiz ended before reaching 0. It tends to happen on iPad so I can’t check the console :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t have specific logs for this, sadly.

So it seems that it actually does know that there are 7 lessons but the quiz/lessons just thinks you’re done with them all?

Last weekend I tried replicating this issue (since someone else has a more severe version of this - or another? - bug, counter going to -2 and stuff) but no luck so far…

I think these two are related as for both the counting seems to be off. Did you by any chance answer any lessons wrong at first?

Yes, the counter was going down correctly, but the session stopped early. I don’t remember having more than a single item behaving strangely, though.

I don’t remember exactly, but I’m more likely to make mistakes on the iPad, which could be a reason why the issue shows up there more often. I will try to look for this as well, the error usually shows up when I’m not looking so hard :slight_smile:

I occasionally get a single review after a review session as well, but it’s hard to tell if a similar issue also happens during reviews.

1 Like

And you’ve also experienced this on a desktop/phone that’s non-apple?

The other user experiencing the issues uses only apple devices. Perhaps it is specific to those devices (hopefully, so it’s easier to pin down).

I’m mostly using OS X with Chrome, sometimes iPad/Chrome, and rarely Android/Chrome. Maybe it’s related to Apple not counting properly :slight_smile:

I should note that with Kaniwani I also have a strange issue where the review session occasionally stops with a single item left, and immediately shows that a single review is available. Maybe this is related :thinking:

I somehow have the feeling that it’s subtracting in my if statements on Apple devices…

if(currentCount > totalCount - 1){ 
//do something
}

I feel like it sometimes actually substracts 1 from totalCount here rather than only subtract it for the if statement… Although this would go against all logic (imo).

In one of the screenshots the other user had a total of -2 lessons, whereas 8 lessons were counted as “done”. the total is calculated as start - done, so somehow the start count became 6 (6-8 = -2) even though i never decrease that count except for in those if statements to compare…

I do have a macbook which I could use to test a bit on, so hopefully I’ll find something on there.

I’ve been testing on a macbook this weekend, trying to reproduce the issue on both safari and chrome. No luck so far…