Grammar deck

Ok, some strange behavior…I still have duplicates of this layout for some reason.

I deleted all the extras and I’ve reset the layouts several times (update, publish, etc.). @Neicudi, I’m not sure what may be causing this.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for making the deck, it’s really helpful and useful!

I was wondering, is there by any chance an anki import for this deck, or alternatively, would it be possible to add an English sentence to Japanese sentence layout (you see the English sentence on the card and are expected to produce the Japanese sentence)?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey, glad you find the grammar deck useful!

I curated this deck but I’d probably not encourage a eng->jp in the same deck since it promotes sentence memorization within the same review session, sort of spoiling the comprehension. Plus there are already alot of layout options and the template would have to get built for each level. So probably a separate deck is best in my opinion.

However, there are a couple solutions. Coincidently, someone posted an anki deck a few months ago of the JLPT sensei content here, it just won’t have audio or tag links or whatnot but the sentences are there so you can import that to the layout you want. Also, there is the Sentence 6K already on Kistun built for the purpose you are looking for plus has nice audio samples. Hopefully that helps what you want.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you so much! That Anki deck you linked is exactly what I’m looking for.
I’ll have two separate decks for comprehension and writing, I just find it easier to learn grammar if I’m forced to type sentences.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, back again after a couple of months. First of all, thank you so much for creating the deck, I’ve been using it a lot since I last posted and it’s absolutely fantastic!
Would it be possible to share the layout of the deck please? Or more specifically, whatever opens the entire sentence into Jisho in one click?
Apologies if some really simple HTML can do that, I’m terrible at deck layouts but really like that aspect of the deck and want to incorporate it into some of my other decks.

1 Like

I can’t take credit, it the amazing Hinekidori Templates. I only made a few stylistic changes which were pretty simple, otherwise the bulk of it the original template is there (see below).

Otherwise, you could add something like this on a card as a simple hyperlink based on whatever value, otherwise the tool belt in the 10k template is probably better.

<div class="highlight">
                    <p></p>  <a href="https://jisho.org/search/{{Kanji}}%20%23kanji" class="link" target="_blank">Jisho Kanji Link</a>
     <div class="highlight">      

https://kitsun.io/store/detail/5d0fed27c759ed0edbc50ed9

Perfect, thank you so much for the help!

1 Like

I’ve been giving more thought and I think I can create a reverse deck and post it if there is enough community interest. There is more to it than just copy and converting the template, each card has to get curated a bit due to some custom formatting on the original. It would have to be in installments and really zero free time at the moment…but it could done. Or maybe easier to so on orig csv file, and have script call to get the audio again, that might be more time effective.

Here is a sample if curious

New!
Grammar Deck N5-N1: Translation Deck

Thanks to the suggestion of @Simbo, here is a reverse production deck to practice grammar output. This is the same content as the comprehension deck and can be worked in tandem.

The front card works on a hint system of the grammar point (to get rid of synonym hell :fire:) with the idea of forcing sentence memorization for language output using grammar points. The text entry can worked several ways: kana only via english keyboard (regular), kanji based sentence or consideration.

JLPT Sensei link, BunPro link (if matched) is in toolbar. In addition there is BunPo Check link as a way to check production if not match to entry against their AI model. If you want synonyms, you can add your own synonyms or offer a proposed addition to the community deck.

All audio entries are work in progress, will update accordingly.

Get deck here

Note: This is a challenging deck , my suggestions are to go slow to take the time to learn the translation using the hint system and pair w/ comprehension deck for reinforcement. Also make use of the synonym add-on features and if you have suggestions/question regarding alternative translations, please post here or propose changes within the card.

Samples

Description

Grammar Sentence Production deck is sibling deck to Recognition + Listening Deck.

How to Use this Deck:

Deck templates are separated by N Level (sentences) or grammar point alone (vocab) which is also tagged by N level. Number tags are aligned with JLPT sensei’s grammar number listed on their website as well as sentence example #

There is also a BunPro hyperlink for grammar info reference (if entry matched to BP’s list) and can be used alongside as the recognition deck to compliment productive entry practice.

Production Sentence / Translation can use either kana only (english keyboard) or Japanese. Suggest alternatives and will check them & add them for deck updates via Actions → Propose Change

Also Bunpo Check Link for sentence checks if grammar correct but not an acceptable entry.
*“AI-powered Japanese comprehension”.
文法ーCHECK lets you check your Japanese sentences for grammatical errors using an AI model.

Just type in the box and hit チェック. You’ll get a result in a few seconds. Any errors will be underlined: you can click on them to see the suggested edit. If there were no errors, you’ll see a tick in the corner. Really short sentences won’t be checked.

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much for this! I’ll give it a try!

1 Like