[Discussion & Feedback] So Much Vocab! (Kitsun 10k Edition)

Can’t wait for @Neicudi to just let you make these changes yourself (if hine approves).

2 Likes

I’m actually kinda sad because I’m not using the community deck myself. Idk how @Neicudi intends to build this, but whatever changes I make on my own deck, I’ll probably have to repeat them in a community version (when the deck collab comes).

I really don’t mind though. If I see people immediately getting benefit from my suggestions, that will boost my motivation so much more. Right now, I feel like I’m just throwing 60 to 90mins/day of time (and energy) to the vacuum lol :sweat_smile: A few days ago, I actually went through moments of desperation because I’m only finishing Core 10k in June (so doing this project until then) :joy: Pluuus all the other crazy stuff I’m into… But I’m recovered now though :3

Another thing will be that I might change too much stuff and users will freak out during reviews. But I base my decisions on at least 2+ dictionaries and example sentences, so I guess the quality boost is worth it? :man_shrugging:

Nevertheless, I think this collab feature should be based on sending alterations and waiting from approval of the main creator for now. In the future, I can see one person being responsible for the template/layouts and another for the content, etc… But that’s not really what we need right now.

4 Likes

Considering I only got through about 2,000 (on iKnow) in about 2 years, that seems pretty good…

4 Likes

JP is way too hard on himself. being at 4.5k after about what… 4months? That’s pretty darn good.

3 Likes

I literally just had a dream about how to solve this… will come back tomorrow to edit this lol

EDIT: I’m definitely weird for having dreams about Kitsun…

@Neicudi, maybe you could eventually create the ability to share a community deck privately. Then, Hine would 1. Give me the ability to join his gang of people willing to give suggestions (with the approval method) and 2. Share the deck privately with me. In the latter, could you replicate my data to this new “shared deck”? Or simply make my deck the actual “shared deck”? :man_shrugging: This way I could still do whatever I want with the deck and send suggestions right away (probably saving me 30 to 60mins a day :heart_eyes: )

But I understand that this sounds like a big headache? :thinking: But who knows, worth sharing nevertheless.

Or I could start using the Core 10k from the Community centre instead, but that would imply 1. Me dropping my current deck #rip and 2. I’d have to be willing to wait for my changes to be approved (if approved at all).

1 Like

I think there was a layout change for the heights to 100%, but for me the outer element (div.review_wrapper) doesn’t fill the whole space occasionally, so the layout looks off.

1 Like

@acm2010 @Neicudi I’m not able to replicate this on my end. A possible compatibility issue?

1 Like

I will test a bit more once I have lessons and reviews available, if I remember correctly the problem was during lessons, the front and backside of those audio cards and sentence cards (maybe others as well). It happened only for a subset of cards.

I was using desktop/Chrome, nothing too unusual.

2 Likes

Edit: nvm, my fault. One of the divs for the quiz doesnt have 100% height. I’m fixing it for tonights update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

More stuff added :v:

4 Likes

I came along to kitsun soon after it was set up, tried using it, got confused, and left. I had another look yesterday and saw this 10k deck and gave it a try… wow! It is brilliant! Thank you to whoever created this masterpiece!

I’m really looking forward to getting started. Also, I’ve changed the SRS interval settings a bit so I see each item more often, that is a really nice feature as well.

Anyway… this was just to say thank you.

7 Likes

Welcome back! :smiley: Quite a lot has changed since you’ve last used Kitsun. Hopefully it’s less confusing nowadays! Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! The biggest shock to me is this 10k deck and how well it is designed. I reckon I’ll be sticking with this from here on in! Thank you again so much!

4 Likes

I’m glad you like it! It’s always gratifying to know people are finding my attempts at deck creation useful. There is a feedback feature included in the site now so feel free to use it should you come across any suggestions in the content and I will look at them.

Our hope is to make this the best deck we can!

4 Likes

Wow, it is your creation! Well, you have my gratitude @hinekidori, it is magnificent. I love how all the vocab is tied in with example sentences, the audio is great, the pictures are really helpful, everything is just brilliant. Thank you.

4 Likes

One suggestion for the words in kanji that are common in kana and vice-versa:

Always display the kanji version. If it’s commonly written in kana, add that to the subtitles/notes (“Commonly written in kana”).

I’ve been feeling that memorizing the words in kanji is so so so much easier than in kana. By adding the warning message that it’s more often written in kana, people are already aware to expect them in kana.

PS: I’ve started doing this to my personal Core 10k @hinekidori. If you agree, I can start incorporating them in my suggestions I send to you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmm, I’m not sure. If it’s commonly kana wouldn’t it be better to learn it in kana? I have received feedback for that as well.

Yeah… I don’t think so… =/ But that’s my opinion. I haven’t been doing suggestions with that modification precisely because of that.

1 Like

Well, I see validity in both arguments, but I’m not sure how to go about providing both without creating redundancies at the moment. I have plenty of those already. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Using this amazing deck, I love coming across the humour in it too! The picture you chose for the sentence 次男じなんは今いま、海外かいがいにいます had me laughing out loud, and I’ll be chuckling over that all day! Brilliant!

1 Like