[Discussion & Feedback] Genki Complete Vocabulary

I ended up downloading Chrome to my phone because of other compatibility issues with Safari. Not sure why Safari continues to have issues.

Oops, why doesn’t it accept “so” as an answer?

1 Like

I will check it out :o does it only happen with that card?

1 Like

Yes, right now it is the only card.
Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve found the issue, the fix will be live with Sunday’s update. Thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience!

2 Likes

Thank you for fixing it :blush:

2 Likes

Neat deck, I’m using it to make sure I know the vocab before each Genki chapter. However, Lesson 2’s sore and kore have the same meaning in this deck so it takes some guessing as to what answer is correct when either card pops up.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out. それ looks incorrect. I will adjust it.

Hey,
I still love using this deck :two_hearts:
Finally I’m studying my vocabulary thoroughly.

Now I want to create my own deck, but I’m not sure how to do this. So I wanted to ask if it is possible to use the modifications and layout from this deck for a self created one?

1 Like

To be honest there is no easy way for me to share my setup. Have you tried using the default card templates for the site?

1 Like

Briefly :grin:
Okay, just wanted to ask. :blush: I’m going to try my way through the possibilities of the site :wink:

Hi,

I’m not sure what changed but as of a few days ago I’m not seeing Furigana displayed anymore above the Kanji in this deck.

Basically I only see 傘 and not かさ(umbrella)

Any ideas? I can see how it’s useful to study Kanji only but it’s quite hard for new words.

1 Like

Since hine is probably sleeping atm:

He made a change which shows furigana upon mouse hover / tap (on mobile). So it only shows when you want it to (to prevent spoiling etc).

It’s probably a good idea to mention this somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As Neicudi mentioned the furigana is set as a hover over now as a compromise for those who don’t want the reading spoiled.

@Neicudi I posted an update on the Community deck. When I get a chance I will do the same for the OP

3 Likes

I thought that the furigana is left out for the cards that have reached a certain level :sweat_smile:
Thanks for the clarification.

Nice update for the deck by the way. (Still in love with this deck :blush:)

1 Like

Hi! First of all, thanks for your hand work on this deck! It’s been incredibly helpful in my studies :smiley:!

Today when doing my lessons, I had a strange problem with the vocab card for T-shirt. The kana reading for this card is Tシャツ, but this answer is never accepted as correct. In fact, since there is a mix of roman letters and katakana, I believe Kitsun assumes the user has made a typing mistake , and the answer is not accepted as correct. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you for the feedback! Unfortunately we don’t currently have a fix for mixed roman/kana characters.

In the meantime feel free to use these other readings.

てぃーしゃつ
てぃいしゃつ
ティイシャツ
ティーシャツ

They are all loaded in the card as acceptable alternatives.

2 Likes

I see. Thanks for the clarification!

Hey there, so the cards for あの meaning “that over there” and “um” don’t have a distinction for the audio file unless you memorize which voice is associated with which card. Can you add something for that like the “expression” note on the text card?

I won’t have access to my computer for a couple weeks, but I will figure out a fix for it when I get back.

:grin::+1:

2 Likes