Weird behavior after losing connection for one minute

On the way to work in the subway, there is about one minute in the trajectory where my phone loses signal.

I happened to finish a review (of 19 items if I remember correctly) during that period of time. After that, this popped up:

After a few minutes, after I regained signal, I was returned to the deck selection screen, saying I had 7 items left to review. After I pressed review again, it instantly told me there weren’t any more items to review (and the counter was reduced to zero).

From my understanding, Kitsun loads the reviews into your phone/pc at the beginning so in case you lose connection, you’re still able to proceed with reviews. Once you’re done, it will show you that screen in order to tell you that it’s syncing the reviews done offline (now that you have connection back).

I’m guessing here that those 7 reviews were successfully synced and that the reviews indicator just didn’t refresh?.. Idk.

Let’s wait for Neicudi to clear this up :slightly_smiling_face:

What @jprspereira said is correct. Kitsun tries to contact the server on the background while you continue your reviews, if you lose connection or have a slow connection, you might see the syncing popup at the end of your session as that means that it didn’t finish the calls yet.

What might have happened is that the calls went through but the server didnt give an immediate response. Not sure why the counts didn’t update though.

1 Like