Way to export cards?

Hi,

Really hope this won’t come off as a gripe - I’ve used Kitsun a lot over the past year and I think it’s a great service - but $65 p.a. is a significantly higher price point than I’d anticipated during the trial, and considering my limited use of the more advanced features I think it’s going to make more sense for me to revert back to what I was using before.

Ideally I’d like to take my old decks with me, but couldn’t find an export button - is this locked behind the member wall, or is it just something that doesn’t exist for some technical reason? Not going to rant and rave about it if that’s the case, but if I can save myself some time recreating 1000+ cards then obviously I would prefer to take that route.

Appreciate any help you can give me, and best of luck for Kitsun in the future - I’ll keep my eye out for a sale!

1 Like

Hiya!

The export functionality is currently disabled as the redesign of the website happened and I wasn’t sure where to put it. I’d like to dedicate a full page to the functionality in the future.

If needed I can manually run an export for you for now, but it has the same limitations as before:

• The cards need to be yours (no community deck exporting)
  • I have no way of exporting your progress as the export file is a CSV, and not something like an anki deck.

On a side note: I’m not sure whether I want to exclude cards generated through the dictionary feature, as that is quite a core feature of Kitsun and I can imagine people abusing it like below:

start trial -> generate cards -> export -> trial end -> repeat with a new trial acc.

Sad to see you go, but no hard feelings of course, it’s logical that you want to get your data :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might want to have it timing-based instead. If someone paid for a year and made cards throughout the year with the dictionary feature, it seems unfair to not let them export it. But of course it’s reasonable for you to not want them to mass produce new cards to export at the last second before their membership expires.

2 Likes

I agree completely with your line of thinking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

Yes, if I could possibly request a manual export of my two populated non-community decks (one is E->J, one is J->E) and I’ll see if there’s any reasonable hope of re-purposing them, taking into account my extreme lack of technical skill. Thanks again for your understanding!

1 Like

I’ve send you a pm :slight_smile: