The Minor Annoyances Thread

Very minor

I wish ctrl+enter / cmd+enter would work for ‘save’ when doing quick edits on cards.

1 Like

IIRC, you should be able to do CTRL+S and/or ESC to save and close the popup. That might help a bit already!

Oh thanks, this will work just fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the reader if there is a 、or a 。they are often (not always) put together with the word before it and then when the word is looked up nothing pops up because words don’t have commas or periods in them. Those characters should be ignored. This even happens in the provided readings.

2 Likes

Hey!

Hmm that’s kinda odd, symbols should definitely get separated. I’ll put it on the to-do list to see if I can reproduce and fix the problem. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

Fixed the issue. It was a problem with the parser marking all symbols as 々 :laughing:

You might need to re-save your texts before the parser (and known words %) picks it up correctly again.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you! I bought a life time subscription just for that feature so glad it is even better now! Will post here if I find any other little bugs while using it.

1 Like

Hi! I am coming from WaniKani and wish for a couple minor things:

1. I use Tsurukame on mobile and I really like the way when you get an answer right, it immediately takes you to the next card. I would love if this were an option.
  2. If I’m reading the default templates right, it looks like they are set up to blur Readings for Meaning cards and vice versa, but that doesn’t seem to be working for me. When I answer a reading, the meaning is spoiled/not blurred when the back of the card is shown. I’m using Chrome on Mac OS12.5.1, if that helps.
1 Like

Oh, I didn’t realize blur was off by default. Ignore my request #2.

2 Likes

Hey, welcome!

You can tap the lightning icon at the top right during reviews to skip the back if you get the answer right :smile: Note that this is only available during reviews (and self study).

2 Likes

Oh! Perfect, thank you! Turns out everything I want is here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Is there a chance have / added as a meaning splitter (same behavior as ; or ,)? Or is there a way to mass edit to replace?

I’m afraid there is no way to mass edit as of yet. If the data comes from an external source, I’d recommend cleaning it before importing it into Kitsun first.

1 Like

Hello,
thank you for your continuous help.

I have created some folders for different subjects. When I want to go from in to out, i can usually use the internet “back” button, but it doesn’t hold true if I have just finished reviews. In that case I have to go back to Decks and dig my way in inside the folders.

Is there a shortcut I am missing? If not, would it be possible to add a “back to outer folder” button to folders and decks?

I am sorry for asking always such trivial questions.
And also for being a folders freak.
Kind regards,