Story Behind Your Username

So there’s a similar thread on WK and I find it quite enjoyable to read, so what’s the story behind your username?

Mine was from the Rinkworks random name generator for my League of Legends account years ago, and I just started using it for more and more things until it became my default.

2 Likes

When I first starting learning Japanese, I began learning how to write all of the Kanji from Genki 1 and eventually moved into more and more difficult Kanji. I don’t really practice writing anymore, but one that I will never forget is 龍. Out of all of the Kanji that I ended up learning, this one was always the most satisfying to write and stylize. The reading for the Kanji (りゅう) ended up becoming my username. :dragon:

4 Likes

I wanted something easy that I would use everywhere, so it’s just my first name and the initials of my family name. Super boring, but also super convenient because it’s the same on every website. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Mine was a self reminder to pay the bill if I want to continue using :fox_face: and a pray to have much :money_with_wings:

4 Likes

Jprspereira comes from my irl name, João Pedro Rodrigues Sá Pereira. Yes, we Portuguese have longgg names :b

I’ve been using it since my childhood, probably when I lacked ideas. It’s also a very unique username, so I can afford to have a single username for every platform I’m in :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mine is super cheesy. I had a boyfriend who used to call me tomoyo because my email was snap chat name was tomonari kasumi (from .hack) Before I told him my actual name and were just talking he abbreviated it to tomoyo (to this day I have no clue where the yo comes from). Then I slapped tk to the end of it because that was the og name and it reminds me of digimon which I watched a lot as a kid.

4 Likes

Hi guys,
I use this name for a long time now.
It is composed of two characters from two different video games of my childhood: Zack (Final Fantasy VII) and Alucard (Castlevania, Symphony of the Night).
Never change it since ^^

3 Likes

Al denteeeee
Al denteeeee
Al denteeeee

2 Likes

It’s me with Christmas mode on still. My level of laziness to change it is equivalent to still having to take the Christmas tree down.

:rofl:

1 Like

To sign up on kitsun, I had to input a username.
I tried 義読む and it was accepted.
I thought “Cool ! I can use japanese characters for the username !”
On the dashboard it says “Welcome Back, 義読む” but on the forums I’m 1117.
I guess the forums don’t like japanese characters for the username.

5 Likes

That’s pretty funny, I didn’t know Discourse doesn’t allow Japanese characters :laughing:

2 Likes

Severian is the name of my favourite character from Final Fantasy XIV, and it’s just uncommon enough that I often manage to bag the username on most sites :sweat_smile:

2 Likes