Setting a default Template & Layouts

Hello everyone,

It’s probably in front of my nose, but I can’t seem to be able to find it. When creating new cards with the dictionary functionality, is it possible to select a default Template & Layouts? Having to change them manually afterwards is going to be time consuming.

By the way, I am coming back after my first SRS burnout about a year ago. I guess I could not resist the gospel of High Priest @jprspereira anymore. :stuck_out_tongue: So I created a new account to start afresh and I am amazed at how much the platform has progressed in these last 12 months.

3 Likes

Nevermind. Please ignore the above. I just noticed that the last settings are saved once the Custom Flashcard option has been used once.

The only problem that I have now is that once I choose Custom Flashcard and I go to the screen where you are asked to do the field mapping, it does not let me choose audio. I mean it does not appear at all in the drop-down. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Hey, I might be a High Priest but at least the recommend so far it seems to be a nice one, right? :stuck_out_tongue: Welcome!

This will be made through the custom flashcard option. You just go to “Generate Flashcard” and select “Custom Flashcard”:

Since you’re choosing your own version of “default”, you’ll have to do some work in connecting the fields of the layouts and stuff but that’s relatively easy. Once you do it once, that will be memorized in the “custom flashcard” option on your device.

Hope this is what you were looking for? :o

1 Like

I think @Neicudi hasn’t made that option available yet for custom flashcards. So yeah, that’s the problem.

1 Like

Many thanks, and yes, the recommend is by all means a very nice one. :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome back! :smiley:

As jpr stated above, there is no way to generate audio yet for custom dictionary cards as it is still on my todo list :sweat_smile:

It is not hard to implement, but I need to set a few limitations first. I remember other users asking for it a while ago but did not come around to doing it yet. I’ll move the feature up to my priority list :smile:

The development of the mobile apps is currently eating up most of my time so it might be a little while before it gets implemented though. I’ll let you know once it’s available! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for considering it and please don’t get stressed out about it.

3 Likes