Safari on macOS and iOS + Audio Cards

Hi

I am happy to see the service is now released and happy to pay to support it. That said, the longstanding bug with audio on Safari has been a pain since I started using Kitsun earlier this year. What can we do to help get this resolved? I’m happy to provide any logs, debugging session recordings, etc from Safari to assist.

1 Like

Heya!

With the audio bug you are referring to audio not playing automatically for the first card in a lesson/review session? Or is it something else?

In case of the above mentioned bug: Apple does everything they can in order to block websites from auto playing audio (and video) without there being initial user input (aka touch/tap). Sadly, all workarounds are hacky and go against their “rules”. It’s a bit of a cat and mouse game (fix -> workaround -> fix -> workaround)

I’d love to explore some ways to fix this issue though, even if it would be temporarily.

1 Like

Hi

When I tap the play button on an audio card there is no sound on certain cards. The card looks like it’s infinitely playing since it never changes back to the paused state. I usually end up napping the card for that session and try again the next day. That sometimes works. Sometimes not.

Ah I see. I’d love to see some logs (and network logs in particular) from when it happens. Are you familiar with the development console?

I haven’t been able to reproduce the problem yet. I’ll do some additional testing this weekend.