Problems clearing local cache

Hey everyone, I tried clearing my local cache using the “Use the button below to wipe the local cache of Kitsun” button, but the “Failed to upload image: Could not upload file, storage limit reached” message is still showing. Is this an issue on my end or some sort of bug?

1 Like

Hey @Yasu!

That message is unrelated to the browser cache that you clear with the button you have tried to use. (To be specific, that’s to wipe the cache of the Cards Management page as it sometimes can become sluggish when you have a few very large decks loaded in and cached in the browser).

What that message actually tries to convey is that you hit a limit regarding your allocated space on the file hosting of Kitsun. This sometimes can occur when you import large media heavy anki decks into Kitsun.

I just took a quick look and it actually seems to mostly be due to the screenshots (of your immersion deck) being very large in size 4-6mb+. I’ll double the storage limit tomorrow so you can at least continue with the card creation, but I would definitely recommend optimizing the images a bit (perhaps through the screenshot tool settings?) as it would load faster for you on the cards too :slight_smile:

That said, I do have plans to optimize images during the upload at some point too, so that these type of situations will be prevented :smile:

1 Like

Noted! Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should be doubled now :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is kinda a dumb question but, what is meant by “optimising the images”? Does it just mean make screenshots smaller?

1 Like

Yep! There’s a lot of formats that are more suited for online applications that can tremendously decrease the size of the image while preserving the quality. Another optimization that could be done is to decrease the resolution of the image if it’s not being displayed in it’s native resolution (say the screenshot is 4k, but it only shows the image as a small portion on the card).