One word in multiple decks

Hi everyone,

I’ve only just recently joined kitsun and am still testing things out and finding my way around.
So if I have added some decks - let’s say three for the beginning - and there is the same word in all three of them, do I get reviews for that word in every deck or does the SRS notice words across decks and only let me review them once?

And is it better to create different decks for different books or should I put all the new words I come across “in the wild” in one deck? Does it make any difference?

I have only used Anki until now and there I just put everything in one deck as I once read that was recommended :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

At the moment there is no way for Kitsun to check for duplicates due to the dynamic nature of templates (it wouldn’t know which field to match for card A vs Card B). You can hibernate (suspend) a card when it comes up during lessons or reviews if you’ve already seen it in another deck, or do a search through all your cards and hibernate duplicates from the table view.

That said, there is a feature incoming which will allow you to “sync” decks, where Kitsun will automatically hibernate duplicates (you’d have to select which fields have to be matched on). Aside from that I’m also thinking of other ways to automatically solve this during lessons, but it would be restricted to cards using the “official” template.

I personally prefer creating a deck per book and focus my studying on that particular deck. However, if you create too many decks you might lose track of your reviews/lessons. I guess it depends on the situation :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer! :smiley:
I also thought of one deck per book. Maybe when this gets me too many decks over time, I’ll just throw them together or something :wink:

1 Like