New card button is missing

When I created my deck, I had to click the button in the top left (that flips the card display style from thumbnails to a tabled list and back again) before the thumbnail with “New Card” appeared.

However, now that I’ve added a couple of cards, tried them out and went back to the cards dashboard, I can’t get the “Add New Card” action to show up at all.

I’m using (the latest I think) Chrome on OS X 10.11

Also, in the Quickstart docs page where it talks about adding new cards, putting a screenshot to show what it looks like in the dashboard would be excellent. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heya!

You can add new cards straight from the deck dashboard page:

This weekend the redesign will go live and will completely replace this view. There will be a plus button at the top of the table at all times (for your own decks). Hopefully that should provide for a better experience :slight_smile:

I definitely agree the docs should be more clear and include pictures. I have a complete revamp of the documentation planned after the redesign goes live :smile:

2 Likes

Awesome.

I’d be interested in helping out with documentation btw, especially after spending a great deal of time trying and failing to find out of it’s even possible to (easily) import card templates into Anki and getting very frustrated about it.

2 Likes

Great! I’ve been thinking about putting the documentation project as a public project on github, so anyone familiar with github would be able to submit changes :slight_smile:

2 Likes