More ways to add synonyms

It would be great to be able to add synonyms from the lesson view (sometimes I want to add a synonym right when I see a card for the first time). Another good place would be the card view (so that I could add synonyms for cards even before they show up in lessons).

2 Likes

Also be good if you can add your own synonym to community reviews. Some people say stuff different in different accents and especially between different countries e.g. us and uk.

Maybe reserved a field-name that the user can add there own synonym to and added in to argument to check against the input field.

1 Like

It’s already possible to add synonyms to cards in community decks though.

2 Likes

Nevermind then. I saw that floating button ages again and just was like push out of the way :slight_smile: and never knew. Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mhm! I agree with the suggestion, but currently this isn’t possible due to limitations of the current lessons query. However, I also want to make it so that you will be able to add certain cards to your lesson queue, which would require the same change as to make this feature work.

Adding synonyms to the card edit page is already on it’s way (it’s in the prio feature list on trello) but it will only show for already learned words until the above mentioned changes have been made.

Thanks for the suggestion! ^^

Ah, somehow I read that one as just showing the synonyms that have already been added directly on the edit page ^^

1 Like

This functionality (notes/synonyms during lessons) has been added with the 25-11-2018 update.

Showing them on the edit card page is incoming very soon as well :slight_smile:

Closing this topic.

1 Like