Layout: first and furigana options

Hi Kitsun,

I try to improve step by step my template :slight_smile: And I have a question (again…) about it.

I would like to know if there is a way to combine “first” with “furigana”?
I tried several things like {{first:furigana:FIELD}}, {{first::furigana::FIELD}}, {{furigana:first:FIELD}}, … But it doesn’t work ;’(

Why this question? Sometimes, japanese words have many readings (e.g. 毎年 : まいねん, まいとし).
So, my purpose is to be abble to only show the first reading on the card, but when I write one of the reading as an answer, it has to be correct.

Is it possible to do that?

1 Like

There is no way to combine fieldtypes like that at the moment. How is your data set up? Could you show me what the values (of the fields) look like? Perhaps there is a different solution :slight_smile:

Could you be more specific? I don’t understand what do you want to see.

The values of your cards (so the content of “FIELD” in your example syntax). A screenshot of a sample card in the edit popup will do :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also tried 毎年[まいとし][まいねん], or 毎年[まいとし] [まいねん], but it doesn’t work.

Yes, as stated above combining field types does not work automatically. I wanted to see what your values looked like (all of them) to check if your goal could be obtained in a different way.

I can implement the chaining of first and furigana fieldtypes if you deem it useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it’s not a big deal for you, it could be great, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like