Kitsun has officially launched!
It’s been a long time coming, but we’re finally here! Kitsun has officially launched today.
I would like to give a very heartfelt thank you to everyone who has helped testing, gave feedback or suggestions. Thanks to you all Kitsun has grown tremendously as a tool. It went from “just another SRS tool” to something that stands out from the others. I can promise you that Kitsun will only continue to improve!
Here's a look back on the major features Kitsun gained this past year
- Dark Themes
- New Default Layouts / Templates
- Deck/Card Feedback system
- Deck Exports & Reimports
- Reviews syncing in the background
- Instant dictionary flashcards
- Custom dictionary flashcards
- Instant Kanji Flashcards
- Leeches overview
- Multiple Choice Support
- Quickstudy Tool
- Review Reorder Tool
- Subs2Kitsun (Cards from video & subtitles)
- A Complete Redesign
- Cards Management Table
- User levels
- Study Streaks & Stats
- Combined Home Dashboard
Along with hundreds of minor features and bugfixes
With that in mind, I can’t wait to see how Kitsun and its community will continue to evolve over the coming years. I feel more motivated than ever to work on some very special features that have previously been held back due to financial reasons.
So what will be coming in the following ~6 months?
- Audio generation for your cards (Coming in the next few days!)
- Assisted Reading Tool for Japanese (Secret feature I’ve been working on, can’t wait to share some more details very soon!)
- Detailed Learning Statistics Page
- Kitsun-Exclusive Decks and Content
- Chinese & Korean Dictionary Integration (and card generation)
- Auto Hibernation for duplicates/WK API integration
- Korean/Russian inputs for cards
- Kitsun Browser Extension
- Mobile apps with offline support (this might extend into the second half year)
- Landing Page Redesign
- Knowledge Base Update and Redesign
Once again, thank you so much to everyone who has contributed and especially the ones that - or are planning to - support Kitsun now that it has launched.