Kanji breakdown inside cards

Hi! Recently found out about Kitsun and loved it so much I got the lifetime. I was wondering if there was any way to add the kanji breakdown of a word within a Kitsun card. I have attached a badly stitched picture for reference :slightly_smiling_face:.

Is there a way I can add the “Show Kanji” function inside Reader to the Kitsun card or something similar so that the kanji breakdown of a word can be automatically shown on the back of a card? Can this be done automatically through editing the layout somehow? I’ve seen that the 10k deck has links to websites like jisho, and honestly this isn’t too big of a problem because I just have jisho on another tab to look up the kanji breakdown of a word if I have to, but I was just wondering if there was something I could do to eliminate the step of going to another tab.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hey! Thank you for the support and welcome!

I’m afraid we do not currently have this functionality during lessons or reviews. As a workaround: you could make a custom layout and also add the corresponding kanji data to your cards, but honestly speaking, that’d be a lot of work per card :sweat_smile:

If it’s mostly about being able to recognize/study the kanji in a word, then perhaps you could also consider adding a second deck. In which you create kanji cards through the dictionary (or reading tool) and learn those first before continuing with your vocabulary lesson.

That said, I think it’s a pretty neat idea! It would be nice if this could be implemented somehow without impacting users who do not study Japanese. Another thing that likely achieves the same functionality would be the Kitsun Browser Extension. But that one’s still on the todo list.

Ah I see :+1: Appreciate the response!

1 Like