Is there a way to make cards auto-play?

I would just like the cards to automatically advance, playing the audio and displaying the card. Is there a way to do that?

1 Like

Do you mean for it to go directly to the back of the card?

Welcome to the community @michael02, glad you could join us :slight_smile::fox_face::tada:

1 Like

Yes, for it to go directly to the back, autoplay the audio, and then on to the next one. In other words, is there a way to just make it a slideshow?

I know you might suggest just using a slideshow app for such things, but I’d like to take pre-made Anki decks and have them play.

2 Likes

Welcome!

There is no way to let it auto-advance like a slideshow at the moment. To be honest, I had not really thought about this kind of feature before, so it’s good that you mention it! :smiley:

Implementing something like this would be doable, but I think you might miss out on a bunch of information that you might want to read from the back of the card? Or would you make your own set of cards for this purpose only?

Or perhaps you would want this as a separate mode? So it would be unrelated to lessons and reviews?

Yes, it would be unrelated to lessons and reviews. It would be a way for me to more passively drill sentence cards. They would just autoplay while I’m doing chores or something.

2 Likes

I see! This might be a fun extra way to reinforce your studies. I’ll put it on the requested features list :smile:

1 Like