I want to make only an English-->Japanese deck for 君の膵臓を食べたい, but I am currently using the deck for reading pratice

Since December I’ve been using the 君の膵臓を食べたい deck exclusively for reading practice, but now want to work on Japanese word recall from English for speaking practice.

I want to keep my current reading practice deck as is, but I can’t seem to find a way to make a duplicate deck out of the 君の膵臓を食べたい community deck. I bought a pdf of the book so that I could parse the sentences and make flashcards for the entire book, but it looks like the cards can only be made one at a time(?).

Anyway, I want to have separate reading and speaking practice decks for a community deck, but I have not been able to find an efficient means to do so. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Thanks!

1 Like

There’s basically two ways to do this:

• I add the English -> Japanese layout to the cards of the community deck, but it would not become a separate deck, nor separate cards.
  • I can give you the .csv file I used to create that deck, after which you can import it into a new personal deck, using only English -> Japanese files.

Couple remarks to make it a bit more clear:

• Community Decks can not be duplicated or edited by others, this was a design decision.
  • The Reader Tool is to be used as a tool to help you read by allowing you to look up words easily and being able to make cards out of the lookups. It’s not designed to generate complete parsed decks as those are often filled with “trash” or misparses. Aside from that it would create a huge load in the database to allow any text to be parsed into complete decks, as the card count per book can easily exceed 6000.

As a side note: the parsing done by the reading tool is completely different and much better than the parser used for those older decks.

Let me know which solution you’d prefer :smiley: I’ll gladly send you the file to import or help you import it if needed :slight_smile:

Ok! Thank you for clarifying the intended use of the reading tool for me. In that case, could you send over the .csv file?

1 Like

I’ll send you a pm :slight_smile: