How's everyone's experience with using time limit during reviews?

EDIT:

Plot twist: This was never fully implemented. So yeah, now I’m requesting a time limit feature :grin: @Neicudi

What the title says. Does anyone have experience using the time limit function during reviews? Do you feel like it pressures you to focus better? Do you run out of time frequently (i.e. getting reviews wrong that you would otherwise get right)?

I’m thinking about using it. With 500+ reviews/day, I think that might create urgency during reviews and make me focus better and stick to them until the end. Right now I have 330 reviews available and I only feel like doing 20 lol. Nevertheless, I’d like to bring awareness to this feature and see if anyone is a fan.

timeee

@Neicudi, one question: if I override my answer, does the timer reset?

1 Like

I love the similar script for wanikani, but I have noticed a slight issue on kitsun.io where I wasn’t able to adjust the time limit on a deck from the community, only on my own decks. This may just be a me-bug though.

Either way, I feel like it helps me a lot. I feel like if I get something right after sitting there thinking for more than around 15 seconds, I don’t really deserve the SRS level up, because even if I remembered it, it wasn’t in immediate memory and obviously needs a little more polish before I’m ready to burn it. It’s all the benefits of Anki’s Bad button without relying on the honor system.

2 Likes

There isn’t actually a time limit implemented in Kitsun yet, the setting doesn’t do anything at the moment.

I do agree that having a timelimit does help a lot though. If I don’t recognise something within 5 seconds I tend to mark it incorrect by default since I obviously couldn’t recognise it easily enough to continue reading (e.g. if I was encountering the word while reading a book or something)

1 Like

Maybe it’s time to make this happen? :grin:

1 Like

Personally, time limits hinder me more than they help me. I can see the benefit for others, but in my case, it adds additional pressure that occupies my brain enough to block it from recalling anything. To reiterate, I know I’m not the norm and I can see how this helps others; so I would welcome this feature being added/activated as an option, but a mandatory time limit would put me off from using the site.

1 Like

It would definitely not be on by default. It would become a deck setting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That sounds like a great option! :slight_smile:

1 Like