How to make answers not show up during review?

Very new to kitsun; I just started trying to make my own Japanese vocab cards. I’m using the ‘Default Kitsun Layouts - Vocab’ template, which gives you two cards per vocab - one for reading and one for meaning.

When I’m in reviews, after entering an answer, all the info for the card comes up. So essentially even if I’ve only reviewed the meaning so far, the reading will still show up, effectively making me ‘cheat’. Is there a way to make only the relevant answer show up when reviewing?

Hope this makes sense.

1 Like

Heya!

You can use lightning mode to make it skip the backside of the card when you enter a correct answer. It can be activated by clicking on the lightning bolt icon at the top right during reviews.

Is this what you were looking for or did you have something else in mind?

1 Like

The lightning mode solves the problem for you, since this mode skips the part of you seeing in back of the card the correct answer (you only see the back of the card on wrong answers). This way you don’t get to be spoiled.

Here’s where the lightning mode is (top right corner - shows up with reviews open):

Yellow means that it’s activated.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for answering. :slight_smile:

Lightning mode gets me most of the way there; it doesn’t exactly do what I’d like but I guess I can live with it for now.

That would be ideal, as I like to check the other options for vocab items with multiple readings/meanings after I type in my answers. Either way like I said above, it’s not a huge deal, I can deal with using lightning mode and checking the cards afterwards for now. Thank you both for your help!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think @udonbaka is talking about the default Kitsun layouts, which were made by me, and they are creating their own cards with it rather than using a community deck :stuck_out_tongue:

@udonbaka another possibility is that you duplicate the default layouts (to get your own personal editable copy) and remove the info from the backside.

2 Likes

No, you’re completely right. For some reason my brain defaulted to Core 10k for some reason x.x :man_facepalming:

@udonbaka, please ignore that last part of my post. Neicudi is giving the right advice xD