How many active decks do you guys have?

just curious how many decks you are using ^^

3 Likes

One. Just the 10K Japanese vocab. That’s plenty to keep me going (plus WK as well). I’ve not even made a personal deck. No need yet. Though I’m sure I’ll do it soon enough!

1 Like

Currently using the following:

Japanese:

• Grammar Deck
  • Exposure deck (Kanji/Vocab I encounter while consuming native material)
  • Kanji Deck

Been thinking about steamrolling through the N5-N4 decks just as a refresher :slight_smile:

Also tempted to make a deck specifically for ENG -> JP cards. Those cards are my least favorite kind to review, but I do think it’s needed in order to work on a better “active vocabulary”.

2 Likes

what kind of cards did you add to this deck? did you structure it like bunpro does it?

that’s a good idea. I created one for smartphone vocab but it slowly turns into more of an exposure deck lol guess I’ll rename it.

yeah I know what you mean. I started using kaniwani again bc of that reason. hope that helps me to level up faster in wanikani.

1 Like

At the moment I’m only using ‘Genki Complete Vocabulary’. Once that deck is finished, I’ll probably start making my own deck (based off how great hinekidori’s deck is made).

2 Likes

his 10k deck is great. I can only recommend it :pray:t5:

2 Likes

I tried it out but it looks rather difficult, it starts with a sentence like ‘一般の方はこちらの席へどうぞ。’ and I have no idea how to deconstruct a sentence like that.

2 Likes

yeah I know what you mean. for me it was the same with some vocab but I noticed that I knew most most of them even though my wk level wasn’t that high (maybe lvl 15)

Its a deck containing grammar points from the Dictionary of Basic/Intermediate/Advanced Japanese book series. Made a custom layout and currently looking at ways to create production cards (cards where you have to type the particular grammar point into an example sentence).

@KennethDK perhaps you could filter out the sentence layouts (through layout filtering in the deck settings) and focus on just the vocabulary until you reach a point where you get more comfortable with the language :slight_smile:

I’m personally a fan of creating your own cards though, as I feel like it reinforces the learning process and also helps with context a bit.

3 Likes

I’m using the 10k and 4.5k decks, and the prefectures deck.

I could use a deck to go through all kanji again, but I’m not impressed the the ones I found. A deck with great audio like 10k but with more advanced sentences would also be nice.

2 Likes

You could try our subs2kitsun if you want to study with more sentences. it’s pretty decent.

I know what you mean! But I don’t know if you have noticed, there are links on the card to half a dozen dictionaries where the sentence is broken down for you.

Though I must admit, if a sentence is really far too hard for me, I hibernate it! One day, when I finish the deck, I’ll take them all out of hibernation, like creatures rising up from the tomb to haunt me! lol!

2 Likes

My current decks:

• 10k - Kitsun Optimized - 1500 words left. Taking it real slowly and only learning the words I see from exposure there.
  • Exposure deck - My most active deck right now. I do around 10 to 15 lessons there every day, depending on how much/what I’ve read the previous day.
  • Katakana 4.5k - I finished it already, only doing reviews at this point. 50% already Mastered :grin::tada:
  • Russian vocab deck - Only doing reviews at this point. I was adding words as I’d see them, but I’ve found some decks ordered by frequency that are pretty good, but there’s 1 small big problem making them impossible to study right now :sweat_smile: Looking into figuring out a way to fix them, so that I can get back to lessons again :smiley:
  • Prefectures of Japan - I will start it today :tada::tada:
6 Likes

I’ve got the 10k Deck, Exposure Deck, and N5, 4 and 3. I’m on N3 but rather than just mark decks as complete and skip I thought I’d do a refresher through them. I thought about making a manga deck but decided to just funnel that through the exposure deck.

2 Likes