Hiding Templates

A request I think should be possible because it’s similar to extant functionality:
Adding a ‘hide this template’ switch to all of the templates. Basically, similar to the Deprecate switch that is on imported and custom templates. Then, a switch similar to the one in the Options menu that would allow those to be hidden as well. If something like this would only affect those drop down menus, it would be a great way to only have the templates the user inputs themselves.

Currently, because the default templates have priority, I always have to scroll down to create a new flash card if the template isn’t autoselected, and scrolling isn’t super pleasant in the desktop site (I don’t use the mobile one often so I can’t speak on that) so it would be nice not to have to scroll so much.

If this isn’t easily implementable for some backend reason I am not aware of, then allowing the user to reorder the entire list manually (like with decks) would be my next idea.

Anywho hope you’re having a good year~!

2 Likes

I definitely think this would be possible, but there is a bit of extra logic behind it regarding the default layouts/templates though, as those are not user editable (and thus don’t store settings of users). An easy solution would be to store the deprecations locally in the browser, but then it would not be the same on all your devices. But perhaps that’s a non issue :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Aaah it makes sense that it would be safer (programatically) not to save user settings on default layouts. I’d appreciate it even if it was per browser (and who knows, that might be useful for some people.)