Hello, Future

Hey, Reader. Assuming the Kitsun forums don’t suffer some catastrophic loss of data or a port to a different platform in the future, its possible you’re reading this years into the future. How did you find this post? It’s probably been locked already, after one year had passed since the last reply. You’ve either got far too much time on your hands or you’re a good sleuth :wink:.

The year 2020, so far, has been… Unprecedented, abnormal, up-heaving… The enormity of events has quite frankly left these words ringing hollow, for they fail to capture the magnitude of change that has occurred in our lives thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic. I hesitate to go into more detail with how jaded I have grown of current events; its easier to ignore them at every opportunity and confront them only when necessary, so you can read all about it on the Internet!

I’m not exactly sure where I was going when I thought up of this post, but the idea of writing a message to some future person who may not even have lived through the pandemic seemed appropriate somehow. Always, we are living the history of tomorrow, but never has that felt more pertinent than lately. And so I wonder, are we adequately recording our experiences? Let this thread serve as a time capsule. To the future us, the future them, the future world. Cast a bottle to the sea of 1’s and 0’s.

You can write a message for yourself, to read later into the future, or something interesting about current events regarding your life, in the way of advice based on experience and wisdom gained, to yourself or a future person. How have you changed; how has 2020 changed you? Maybe it could be something you’ve learned, or some personal change you want to make or achievement to aim for, perhaps borne by the events of 2020. Think of a positive outlook with a philosophical touch.

Signed, from the past,

Us.

2 Likes