Having trouble importing an anki deck

I can’t import this deck. I’ve tried it several times but it doesn’t work, it creates a bunch of empty decks and a folder with even more empty decks. I’m illiterate in this sort of stuff so if someone could help me out that’d be great.

1 Like

Not that I’m that competent, I gave it a try and couldn’t get it to work…maybe the author modified quite heavily to trigger different templates. You could attempt to export the apkg into csv into your own template, saw this anki add on but never used it.

2 Likes

Going to give it a try to see what’s going on too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Welcome back by the way! Been a while :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! I took a big break from language learning after doing the JLPT and now I’m back to learn Italian.

1 Like

I tried to import the deck and it all went fine until it got to the point where templates and layouts get created. One of the layouts used in the anki deck has no backside HTML at all. Usually that’s not an issue but for some reason it’s literally null while importing. This triggers the database validation of the layout and results in an error as backside HTML is required.

Could you check for empty layouts and either remove them or edit them before importing? I can add a small failsafe to Kitsun to handle these errors but it may take a little while before that goes live.