Hallo zusammen!

Hello everyone!

Just subscribed to Kitsun :yellow_heart:

I noticed most people use this app for Japanese, however, I’m here studying German vocab. I did study some Japanese in the past, so I’m familiar with the atmosphere. I’m super jealous about the import from Jisho feature, I hope we could implement something similar with some cough german cough other dictionaries :angel:.

See you around and wish you all a nice reviewing session :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome @talento! :grin: I like your username, it means talent in Portuguese, but you’re probably aware of that :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m glad to see someone outside of the Japanese buble finding Kitsun useful for their studies! It’s clearly inclined for Japanese, due to its userbase :sweat_smile: But I’m aware that @Neicudi is definitely willing to broaden Kitsun’s scope :slight_smile:

Feel free to participate and interact! Even though the community isn’t very active (yet!), everyone is willing to add their 2c and contribute :slight_smile:

Cute fox as bonus:

1 Like

Welcome welcome! :smiley:

Great to see Kitsun being used for more and more languages :slight_smile:

I’m working on expanding the dictionary tool with more languages. Korean, Chinese and probably Russian are the first few I’ll be adding soon, but after that I hope to add European languages as well. I’ll be on the lookout for a good german dictionary :smile:

Hope you enjoy your stay!

1 Like

@Neicudi

I couldn’t say whether it would word out, but if you get around to latin languages, I highly recommend looking at word reference as a website covering all those. It’s what I’ve been using for years, and it’s a very reliable website.

Also, nice to meet you @talento! I’d love to see languages other than Japanese get popular on here as well. It’s clearly geared towards Japanese, but it still works great with others. :slight_smile:

Oh, and don’t be afraid to share any German sets you make! I’m sure others will appreciate it.

2 Likes

Thanks, it doesn’t seem like they have a open source database file or anything similar that I can query though, which is kinda required in order for me to add it to Kitsun :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Dict.cc and https://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/ are both popular German dictionaries, but I don’t know if they offer the open source you need.I just learned about the dictionary feature for Japanese today and would be awesome to have that in German too.

2 Likes

Hey @talento!! I am here as a fellow german learner as well!! Nice to see more of us!! hahahaha

@Neicudi About the dictionary feature: my favorite german dictionary is Pons and they have an API for integration in other websites! I don’t know if this service of theirs is really free or not… But I will leave the link here for further reference: https://en.pons.com/p/online-dictionary/developers/api

4 Likes

Thanks both :smiley: Will check them out!

1 Like