Furigana Line Split?

Hey,

Have been using Kitsun for a little while now and I’m currently in the process of modifying hinekidori’s templates to work with grammar points. Styling and cards currently have a lot of leftover/unused elements, but I’ve not modified/taken away anything that would cause my issue as far as I can see.

Have managed to get something I’m fairly happy with but currently having an issue with furigana. When I add it to my phrases (in this case an example sentence with the grammar point removed) any furigana added causes the sentence to be split across the line, with each kanji (and its furigana) causing a new break.

Just wondering if there’s an obvious solution I’m missing with this? Have attached a screenshot to hopefully further example what I mean.

Thank in advance!

1 Like

Heya!

Nice idea! It’s a bit difficult for me to say what the issue could be without seeing the layout html and corresponding css (of the header + text elements). I’m guessing it has to do with flex-direction: column on the wrapping element (guessing a div tag). If that is present, try changing it to “row” for the value instead.

The easiest way to spot what’s going on during render time is to check the developer console of your browser by rightclicking the text → inspect element. It should open the html and css view of the text, after which you can move upwards and check the styling on the wrapping element too.

If that all sounds like hocus pocus to you, let me know and I’ll take a direct look at your code instead :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: