[Feature Idea] Cards without Review

I feel a bit bad for @Neicudi because there are tons of things to do already, but it’s good to bring in the ideas before someone has to actually vote on it :wink:

The idea: Just showing the review cards as lessons is already OK, and it is good that cards can be styled differently during lessons. But I think it would be great to have cards that only appear during lessons for something like chapter names, general explanation, start of a new category of items, etc. That only makes sense with indexed decks obviously :slight_smile:

So you have a type of card that only has a front, maybe doesn’t count as a lesson, and appears together with the next item, and no reviews.

5 Likes

Yep, I suggested something like this a while ago. I see this like how Memrise has those chapters where you just have to read them.

(I do think it’s far from an urgent feature rn though, cuz so much stuff to doooooooooooooo #RipNeicudi)

4 Likes

Seems like it wouldnt be that hard to implement, aside from there having to be a special layout type which only has a front or something. I’ll put it on the feature requests list :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m only suggesting things that seem easy :slight_smile:

Why are all the things @jprspereira suggested already never on the feature request list? :laughing:

2 Likes

Sometimes I forgot to put them on the list… :sweat_smile: I got so many suggestions at the start of the beta test.

In my defence, I also implemented a lot of his suggestions! :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m like that overly attached girlfriend. After a while you stop paying attention :eyes:

4 Likes

Chiming in way too late to say that I’d love this!

It would be really helpful to be able to have sort of ‘introductory’ or ‘teaching’ cards during lessons, I think. At the moment a card has to work as both a lesson and a review, which can be a bit restrictive, and it would be good to be able to have ‘deck introduction’ cards and so on.

4 Likes