[Discussion & Feedback] Wasei Eigo Set

I’m digging your design on this deck. Great job! :grin::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate it, and nice to meet you! You have some pretty awesome designs and decks as well.

3 Likes

Me:

4 Likes

Niiice, congratulations! It feels like just yesterday I made that set. :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks for all the suggestions by the way, definitely making some great improvements to the set!

3 Likes

Busca-san!! I just started this deck a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I can’t believe I didn’t realize コンセント was not ‘consent’ for this long … :joy:

I have a suggestion and it’s totally fine if it’s not possible since it might be a bit of work.

For some of the words, it’s a little confusing why the vocab turned out that way when it’s an English loan word like コンセント for example. And some of the cards don’t have explanations to them, making it a bit difficult to remember.

Taking ガッツポーズ here, the word wouldn’t process so easily in my head. I was thinking “Gats Pose? Like…a gattling…gun?” :joy:
And the card only had this info.

I was hoping you could add the origin of the words so it’ll be easier to understand and eventually memorize for anyone who’s going to study the deck :grin:

It could be as simple as adding something like “From the phrase, ‘guts pose’” based on jisho.

1 Like

Happy to hear! And yeah, that’s a mood. :joy:

I totally hear that! Thanks to Jpr’s amazing help, a lot of words have their word origins in the notes. There’s still plenty of words where I need to add the origin to, which I’ll be working on. To be honest whenever the new editing feature is introduced, I might be able to just do it all in a batch. :thinking:

I feel that. :joy: Sometimes it can be pretty hard to tell.

1 Like

Oh alright, awesome! Can’t wait!! :grin:

1 Like

In the beginning, I wasn’t sending suggestions for the word origin, that’s why xD

I’m 73% through the deck tho, so I’m definitely sending for those 27% left :muscle:

2 Likes

Guess who has finished the deck :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

:open_mouth: That’s amazing, awesome job! Thanks for all your hard work to help the set out, and I’m glad you enjoyed the set! Hopefully it helps out when you find these words IRL. ^-^

Congrats! :tada: :100:

2 Likes

Thank you :grin: I’ll soon leave a review on it!

2 Likes

I’m giving it a shot! I’ve already maybe 10% through the Katakana 4.5k, but focusing on these also seems pretty useful!

3 Likes

If you’re not interested in Sport terms or in Baseball terms, you can just do a search for “Sport terms” and “Baseball terms” and hibernate those cards :slight_smile:

There are also some 18+ ones. To hibernate those, select “18+” in the advanced search :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hibernated all the 18+ tagged but I just got the ラブホテル lesson and I…am wondering if this should be tagged as 18+ too :thinking:

2 Likes

I’M AT 10%! :partying_face:

2 Likes

That’s awesome, great work! :smile: I’m glad you’re enjoying the set, it was a lot of work, but well worth it!

Meanwhile I’m at 4 percent. X-x I’ll be going through it once I’m finished with the Tobiras, this is a really fun set to do.

2 Likes

@timfreilly Have you tried using the new “known words” feature with this deck yet? Might save some time just in case there’s some overlap that you already learned!

@jprspereira Thanks for the idea, added those as proper tags into the deck! I think I’m going to go through my decks sometime and add proper tags.

1 Like

Is there anything I have to do to take advantage of it? I saw the announcement but I didn’t really get how to use it.

1 Like

@timfreilly, for the words that you already learned you need to add them to your known words, quoting from the announcement /o/ :smile:

If you have any personal templates you can select the main field in Tools - Templates:)

2 Likes

Ah thanks. There isn’t that much overlap with what I already learned, so I’m not going to worry too much about it. I haven’t yet ventured into having personal decks.

2 Likes