[Discussion & Feedback] Prefectures of Japan

For capitals I was thinking to just keep the prefectures as clicking zones and show a marker for the city.

But the markers could also be made clickable, and get bigger on hover for example.

1 Like

The hover concept I quite like. I also wondered what it would be like (and if it would be even possible) to have an option to disable the prefecture border lines when being tested on capital cities? Maybe that’d be a different layout. It might be extra hard, but just an idea.

Making the borders invisible is no problem, but having the user change the options needs support by Kitsun. For example having layouts that are disabled by default, or decks that can define on/off switches in its deck settings.

More things for the every-growing feature pile :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just think this would be a great feature overall. Creators could have a “default study deck”, but will having other layouts available for learners that want to tackle their learning in more ways. The most common example would be making EN -> JP available, even when most don’t do it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it would be a good feature. I already disabled the EN -> JP on the N5 Kitsun deck as that was enabled by default.

I love the design, but would it be possible to make a Kanji-only version? Thanks for the deck.

5 Likes

No idea if it’s possible, but for mobile users it’s a bit complicating to click on small prefectures. Is there any way we could zoom in on the map so that it would be easier to answer? Or is this something Kitsun doesn’t support? :thinking:

1 Like

For some reason it doesn’t seem to accept any answer for me?

I tried 関東地方, かんとうちほう, kantou region, and kanto region, but all of them seem to not work

Edit: I guess “kantou” seemed to worked without including the region, but it was kind of annoying.

1 Like

This deck is not necessarily for Japanese learners. That’s why the answers are only accepted in romaji. I guess it would be nice to be able to insert the kanji/hiragana :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

@MegaZeroX
Just add the Kanji answer as a synonym (and turn off the map-clicking layout for better memorization (recall instead of recognition)).

3 Likes