Dictionary import - creating my own deck

Hi everyone,
I need some help creating my own deck on kitsun. While reading I look up words that I don’t know on jisho. I already found out how to create a card through searching the dictionary. But I noticed that jisho has an audio file for some words. As I find the audio card in the Genki deck really helpful I want to know if it is possible to create a similar card with the audio from jisho (when available)?

Is there a default setting on kitsun that lets me create three cards (Jap -> Eng, Eng -> Jap and Audio (Jap) -> Eng) as it is in the Genki deck or do I have to create this myself?

And if I want to change the layout of my created cards later on, can I do so for all cards at once or would I have to change them separately? :thinking: I’m not sure how I want my cards to be, yet. Still trying a few things…

You can click on “custom flashcard” to select the layouts you want and match the values to the corresponding template fields. Once done it will remember it through a cookie so you won’t have to do it again.

That said, the audio on jisho is not available through their API, and I believe Tofugu gave them the audio files from WaniKani. So sadly Kitsun isn’t able to use them…

However, you could take a look at Forvo (native audio) since I’m planning on implementing their API at some point :slight_smile:

You can do so on the “all cards” screen of that specific deck. Select all the cards you want to change and use the actions dropdown to change all the layouts at once.

Take note that you can not change templates.

Let me know if you got any more questions!

Thank you!
I’m going to play around with the settings a bit the next few days. :blush:

1 Like