Dashboard for all Decks?

I tried to search the forums for a similar topic before posting, so if I missed a similar topic, please forgive me.

Is there a way to have a “dashboard” for all of your decks? If not, I think this could be a cool feature.

What I mean is like each deck has it’s own dashboard, like so:

I want to see upcoming reviews, what cards I have at each level, and leeches for all of the decks I’m working on simultaneously - not just at each deck. Basically an “all of my studies” dashboard.

I think this would be helpful for those of us doing multiple decks concurrently (I have 7, but have a couple others I want to add, and have made and deleted a few personal decks a few times because I can’t get my head around my workload!)

1 Like

This idea has come up in the past quite a bit (on the Kitsun Discord) and with good reason. I totally agree that it would be nice to have a combined dashboard.

The only problems I have with it is that I wouldn’t know where to place it (so the user can access it) and that you won’t be able to do lessons/reviews of all decks in one session (as that is built in a way that would definitely break once you start to mix/match decks).

So, it is possible to create a combined dashboard, but actually doing all reviews/lessons from there would require a lot more work.

My suggestion would be to have the informational part of the combined dashboard at either the top or bottom of the “My Decks” page, and not have the linked numbers for total reviews clickable; users could then easily just start their reviews for individual decks by clicking on the appropriate deck on the same page as normal.

I do like the idea of being able to mix and match decks, but some of the leeches would be unmanageable, since some decks (like genki vs 10k vs n4 vs n5) have different meanings allowed for the same words. So, I don’t think a “do all reviews” is strictly necessary, but would still value a combination of all of the information in one place.

1 Like