Custom Kanji deck always says answer is wrong

I have a “Kanji I come across” deck where I would make a card for a new kanji I come across in my readings. I have about 60 now and I want to start using the SRS system on them. When I study and review them for the first time to get them into the SRS system, no matter what I type for its reading (Onyomi or Kunyomi), the SRS says my answer is wrong.

I used the Japanese Kanji template card while making these. I filled in the meanings, kanji, Onyomi and Kunyomi fields while making them. Do I need to put the correct answer somewhere in particular? I figured it would know based on what I put in the Onyomi and Kunyomi fields.

Thanks for any help.

I believe the answer is getting pinged from the ‘All Readings’ value, not onyomi/kunyomi value alone.

Not sure if you are aware, but you can flip the dictionary to kanji and auto generate cards, no need to manually make and it comes out right every time.

Oh I did not know that… I’m very new to this. I’ll try that tomorrow and if it works, I’ll mark your reply as the solution. Thanks!

1 Like