Community center for templates/layouts?

So, a few of us on Kitsun’s discord server and in here have showed the interest in some creator’s templates/layouts like @hinekidori’s and others.

I know that @Neicudi already plans on making this happen, so this post is more about knowing other people’s perspectives on this idea, see how much interest there is and brainstorming it a bit with you guys.

Basically, my perspective on this idea is that in the same way you go to the community center, instantly get a deck that attracts you and start using it right away, you’d be able to get the templates/layouts that attract you and use them to your personal decks.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Neutral.

0 voters

If Kitsun had a community center for templates/layouts:

• As a template/layout creator, I’d post mine there.
  • As a template/layout creator, I wouldn’t post mine there.
  • As an user, I’d be interested in getting some templates/layouts from the center.
  • As an user, I wouldn’t be interested in getting some templates/layouts from the center.

0 voters

I feel like the real strength of Kitsun is that it brings the creativity of creators up while still giving users an user-friendly approach that actually helps learning (looking at you, all the language apps out there). Functional and attractive looking decks allow both of these things to happen.

That’s why I feel that in the same way the community center for decks added a sense of community to Kitsun, having another for templates/layouts of decks would strenghten it.

Any ideas you’d like to share? Anything you’d like to see implemented? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think it’s a good idea, but there has to be an easy way to connect the fields of your custom deck to the template, like pull-down menus or something. Getting tons of code dumped into your code editor will only be helpful for a few users :slight_smile:

2 Likes