Can I use audio and screenshots from a show and still publish it in the Community Center?

I’m making a comprehensive sentence deck from Danmachi (Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon?). If I include the audio and screenshots, can I still publish it in the community center or is that against the rules due to copyright?

2 Likes

I’m not completely sure, but I think it would be fine for now. If it ever becomes an issue I can still make it private anyways :slightly_smiling_face: thanks for asking ^^

1 Like

I’m currently working on some sets for Indonesian. Of of the sets will be the duolingo vocabulary and I imported it from Anki. I will make several changes to it (like removing duplicates). But it is still a rip off. It also includes audio files. Example sentences were also taken shameless from some language forums or websites.

Is it okay to publish the set here? I guess yes. But better safe than sorry. Should I mention and link the original Anki set?

3 Likes

Generally speaking I think that is fine for decks shared by users (not Kitsun officially), looking at the other language learning platforms, it’s quite common to see sets/decks from other sources.

As a general rule:
Do make sure to give credit where credit is due, and if it has copyrighted material, please check whether you comply with their license before sharing it.

As mentioned above, if it ever gets a copyright claim or something similar, I could unpublish the deck as a last resort (while you keep your personal version).

Thanks for wanting to share your decks by the way, really cool! :smiley:

2 Likes