Can I clear my "known words"?

I’ve just started using kitsun, coming from wanikani, and I’m pretty sure I just biffed it by adding the entire core10k deck to my known words. What I wanted to do was only add words that were in wanikani from the core10k deck.

2 Likes

Currently there is no way for the user to remove known words. However, it’s worth tagging @Neicudi to see if he can fix your list for you.

It’s also worth mentioning that a management table for known words is in the works and just like the name implies, it will allow you to manage your known words’ list (just like you need now). There are also plans of integrating the Wanikani API into Kitsun, that will allow tagging the words learned on WK as known words on Kitsun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @sharkdarpel, welcome to Kitsun!

Would you want me to clear the whole list for you?

Like @jprspereira mentioned a known words management table is coming soon so that should hopefully help with these kind of situations in the future :smiley:

2 Likes

That would be excellent, yeah :slight_smile: thanks!

2 Likes

Done! :smiley:

1 Like

Could I request clear known words too?

1 Like

Hey!

Which Category/Language do you want me to clear? Japanese or perhaps all of them?

1 Like

I want to clear all of them since my known words became a mess and that would not be effective to my study.

1 Like

Done!

Hi, I would like to have my known words cleared as well. I tried to mark all WK vocabulary up to my level from the 10k Japanese deck as known. I messed up the filters though and added also words not in WK.

1 Like

Done!

hey @Neicudi, since this has become the place, could you also clear my known words?

I kinda messed up by marking the entire 10k deck as known, so I attempted to delete my database which did not solve the problem.

This is not really connected, but I was wondering if there was a deck with the exact same vocabulary as WK so I could simply mark it as known.

1 Like

Hey! Welcome! :kithappy:

Yep, all clear!

I don’t think there currently is a WK vocab deck, but implementing their API for known words is high priority on the to-do list right now (as well as being able to manage your known words haha).

We also have a “reverse” WK deck on the to-do list :slight_smile:

Hi!

I’m new tot his platform and I was playing around with the Japanese 10k deck to see whether I could use Kitsun as a supplementary tool to WaniKani to tackle the words that I will not come across WK.

In doing so, I wanted to avoid seeing WK words from the 10k list when doing my lessons and reviews and I thought it was through the “Known words” feature but it was through hibernating.

Long story short: may I also ask you to clean my known word list?

1 Like

@Neicudi Please clear my known word list.

1 Like

Oh, I’m really sorry. I somehow missed your post!
Probably too late but I’ve cleared it for you anyways :sweat_smile:

@N1GHTWALKER823 I’ve cleared your known words list :smiley:

@Neicudi Can you clear mine? I messed it up and now it bothers me :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Done! :smiley:

@Neicudi Sorry for the trouble, I just realized I misused the “Known Words” functionality. Would you please reset my known list as well? Thanks!

1 Like

Sure thing!