Blur spoiler, delay sibling

Hello everyone,
Can anyone teach me about blur spoiler, delay sibling, show typo warning?

This will blur the reading/meaning during reviews. So if you are answering a reading for example and see the flip card, the meaning will be blurred so you are not spoiling the meaning review which would technically cheat the testing.

I believe this is a specific to Eng → Jp only. The general idea is that you have several rounds of Jp->mean, Jp->reading to get more familiar of the content as the jump to Eng-> Jp can be too great sometimes. I forgot the interval, it might be 24 hrs (?), there is probably a thread here discussing it more in detail.

I wasn’t sure myself but I just tested, it turns yellow when you have a typo warning. Looks like it is still marked correct and will rank up, just a heads up on the meaning if typed wrong. This is actually useful, for example 丸 vs 丸い. You could type ‘circle’ for 丸い and that would be technically wrong and could be marked ‘correct’ so it does flag whether you want to mark wrong or not. Otherwise, something close enough is just marked correct for the typo forgiveness Kitsun allows for meanings. It shouldn’t work on the readings (or at least I think it shouldn’t :thinking:)

1 Like

So detailed and simple explanation. Thank you, thank you very much :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like