Blank Cards in Imported Deck

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong here, but I’m not able to figure out what.

I imported a CSV file to a new deck.

Next, I updated the headers from “field1” etc.

These show up on the list of cards as the headers, so I think I have that much working.

When I tried to preview a card, it was blank. Checking the layouts, I noticed it still listed “field1” etc., so I updated those a well:

However, the cards still come out blank.


Any thoughts on what obvious step I’ve completed missed?


Hey @Christopher_Fritz!

I took a quick look and it seems that automatic import still uses an old way of setting your field ids, which is why the values don’t show up on the edit card page and during reviews. That’s definitely a bug that I was unaware of. I’ll fix that asap!

I’ve converted the cards for you to the default Japanese - Vocabulary template (and layouts) for you through the associated card management table action, to at least get them to show up correctly from now on, but you could consider changing them again if you wish to use a custom template.

With the above in mind, I would recommend using the manual import in the future as it gives more control over which templates and layouts you use for the deck and you’ll be able to match the columns directly to the fields. That way you don’t have to adjust things afterwards. Another handy thing with that import is that you can set the index of the card based on a column (so in your case “sort”).

I’m sorry for the inconvenience! Please do let me know if you have any further questions or could use some help with setting things up. I’ll gladly help :slight_smile:


Thank you very much. I’ll keep in that mind regarding manual import.

I’ve read before about doing an export and import back in as a way to set the sort index, so I’ll give that a try (if it’s still a thing). If I have any issues, worse case scenario, I can wipe out the deck and do a manual import from scratch. If any issues come up, I’ll be sure to detail them!

Edit: I went ahead and wiped out the cards and did a manual import, and it’s all looking perfect now.

1 Like

Glad to hear it all worked out!

I’ll get the automatic import bug fixed with the next update so this does not happen again :slight_smile: