Best way to ignore cards with errors

Hello,

I’ve run into a few of the community decks where even if answers are typed correctly (e.g. spelling prefecture 県 in English) , one is unable to proceed. What is the best thing to do in this case? I noticed an option to report the error to the creator otherwise is it best to hybrinate the card or nap? I’ve tried ignore but that just lets me type my answer again which always comes out as incorrect although I spelled it correctly.

2 Likes

Hmm, does the card require you to write the answer in Japanese rather than English?

If the answer is expected to be in English and you write it in English but it still isn’t accepted, then it could be that your answer is missing from the list of possible answers (if it is correct of course). You can always send feedback to the author and see the current values of the card through that same popup. Perhaps you can check which answers are accepted through there?

If the question type expects you to answer in Japanese but you are answering in English, then it’s always going to be marked as incorrect. Hibernating a card results in the card being fully suspended (so it does not come back for reviews anymore), whereas napping it will make it dissappear until the next review session. Both options do not increase or decrease the SRS level.

If it’s just one type of layout/question that you wish to skip (say the one where you have to input the Japanese) then you could filter out that layout from your reviews completely. You can do so by going to the deck settings and toggling on the layout filtering options over there.

It’s a little bit difficult to say what would be the best solution without knowing all the details, but hopefully this already helps a bit already :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. So for a more concrete example I’m given 県 in Japanese and asked to type prefecture in English and I’m positive I’m spelling prefecture correctly in English which is what the correct answer is listed as, so I don’t really know what to do besides contact the deck editor, since I’m positive my English spelling is correct.

1 Like

Which deck & card is it if you remember? I can take a look :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it by any chance the Tobira deck? (上級への扉単語) I recently got feedback on that term. I hibernated it when I started and I guess I forgot to fix it when I was checking that. There were comments in brackets like [“largest division of nation”] or something, and for whatever reason it makes it so that you either cannot get the right definition with copy-pasting the [] phrase, or just makes it straight up never accept the input as correct. I can’t remember which though it does though.

I’ve been working through the set and trying to replace [] with either () or putting the note in the proper notes section, but I’m going to guess there are a few other slip-ups. For that reason, the deck is still a bit of a WIP. I check my feedback every day so any issues should be fixed ASAP, but until they are you can add a personal synonym I believe which will count as a valid input. :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, it was the Tobira deck. Thank you! 県 was fixed. I think as you mentioned the answers are not accepted when there are [] instead of () for some reason. I’ve reported another issue with 北海道 > EN. I’ll continue to report the items that fail. Thanks again.

3 Likes