Audio playback problems

Hello! I have some cards with audio generated from the Kitsun dictionary. I have “autoplay audio on back” turned on but it never plays automatically on flip. I have to press the Play button for it to play. Help!

2 Likes

Hey @mags :smile:

Sorry to hear it is not working for you!

Would you be able to tell me which cards it occurs with (vocab & deck) and on which device this happens for you? I’ll be happy to take a look!

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the response! It is my personal deck:

単語!(https://kitsun.io/decks/add/5ffbbdbce29faa787d93d9e2)

not sure if that’s the right way to share it for viewing. Let me know if there is a better way.

So far I’ve only done my reviews/lessons in my phone (Android OS, Pixel). I remember community decks playing on auto when I used them a couple months ago but recently I’ve only been using my own deck. The audio files were generated from the Dictionary in Kitsun and do play when I press the Play button.

The cards themselves are pretty random - not all my cards have audio, but the ones that do and show up in my reviews/lessons are all not playing automatically.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s very helpful, I’ll check it out and try to reproduce the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, I found out what’s causing the issue for you:

The audio field is “blurred” in the default layouts as it’s considered a spoiler for the layouts where you need to enter the reading. If you want audio to autoplay in those “meaning” layouts in particular, you would have to disable the “blur spoilers” setting in the deck settings. Note that it also will not blur the reading or meaning text (depending on the card layout) anymore though.

1 Like

Oh!! I see. I’ll disable the blur feature for now then, I really like the audio for listening practice. Thanks so much for figuring it out! :relaxed:

1 Like

This is not really related to the problem, but I have a quick audio question as well:

Is there an option to re-play audio without leaving the text field (on the front) of the card? The standard shortcut for replaying is “R” - but if I press it while reviewing I just type it.

Is something like, for example, “Ctrl + R” possible?

1 Like

You can bind it to one of the F-keys (F2 usually works and doesn’t interfere with browser hotkeys). Those can be used while the input is focused :smile:

2 Likes

This works, thanks!

1 Like