Audio in lightning mode

I do my reviews on lightning mode for efficiency but the audio doesn’t seem to autoplay in this mode. I have the setting on autoplay for back of card, but it only autoplays on lesson quiz or if I get a review answer wrong. Wanikani site and Smouldering Durtles app seem to be able to play audio during lightning mode. Could this be implemented?

In a somewhat related topic, I’m using a couple of community decks (N1 and N2 vocab). If the audio does autoplay, it does so even on the meaning card, which means if I haven’t had the reading card then the answer was basically fed to me. Is there a way for the meaning card to have the audio as part of the spoiler blur?

Thanks for any help!

I’ve never seen this with the lightening mode script on WK…how does this work? If it is not skipping ahead after a right answer to play the audio, then is the ‘lightening’ is off?

My tech knowledge is only average, so I can’t say how they make it work, but if it helps I’m using the “Wanikani Double-Check” script that lets you have lightning mode. It auto-progresses to the next item and the audio just comes on during the transition.

1 Like