Anki Import Parameters

Hey Kitsun Team/Community,

I was wondering if anyone had or had found any particular parameters for successful v. unsuccessful anki imports.
Is it limited to perhaps; one audio file per note/card, one image, no pitch graphs .etc?
I ask as I have had previous trouble importing pre-builts and while I like and use the in-built subs2srs, since it doesn’t yet (as far as I am aware) support streaming content it means I still have to make these cards externally. It would be easier making all of the cards in a way that Kitsun accepts rather than making them all and then having to edit every note later on.

Side note: Is there currently, or does there plan to be, a feature that allows you to reupload the same deck multiple times but only add new cards? Essentially just updating the old deck rather than currently importing. making a new one and copying new cards across manually then deleting the rest of the deck?

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Are you talking about Subs2Kitsun or Sub2srs? I couldn’t cypher is you are aware of this tool or not.

This doesn’t answer your question but I know but I know an MPV Mining Extension is on the marumori.io roadmap and I believe neicudi said this would apply to Kitsun as well at some point.

I think the doubles was a deck manager request for a while but unfortunately there is none. The only idea I can think of to set a tag after every upload/edit you do and when you reimport with doubles, click on a row that will alphabetize and you will see your doubles (and delete the ones without a tag or don’t need).

Ah my bad, it was quite late when I wrote this post so I get why it’s a bit of a jumble. Yeah, I was referencing Subs2Kitsun when I said in-built SRS, I’ve been using it for anime but I found YouTube to be a good source for mining as well.
I’ve found workarounds since however, it’s not the most optimal but it definitely works well.
For anyone else looking or interested in a similar workflow I’ve been downloading YouTube videos with their subtitles (the software I’m using luckily allows me to grab both the English and Japanese if available), then either moving into Subs2Kitsun if on my desktop or something like Memento or JidouJisho depending if on my laptop or phone, generating into Anki and then importing.

I’ve also found a sort of work around for managing new imports without losing my ‘archive’ of mined cards. I just use a ‘current’ and an ‘archived’ deck. Once I import the cards from Anki to Kitsun, I move them to the correct deck in Kitsun, and in Anki all the newly imported cards get moved to the archive. This solves the double up problem with the least hassle (as far as I have thought it out).

Media → Anki (Current) → Kitsun (once every couple days), and after import move all to Anki (Archive).

Thank you for the reply, and I’ve been watching the MaruMori progress for a while. I’m excited, especially for if/when the mobile apps are ready. Even more so if they allow downloading of lessons for offline view (I spend a lot of time in areas without a connection.

PS: from a longtime lurker of The Den, huge thanks to you for your support.

1 Like