Alternate Answers

My apologies if this has been resolved before.
So I’m importing vocab from tangoristo on here and they have more than one meaning for one word(sometimes ten :sob:) and in reviews if I put only one of them I’m marked wrong… I was wondering if it would be possible to put either meanings of words and it being marked correct.
Or if the only option I have is to manually edit each card to just one meaning.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

You can use several solutions for one question. When you have several items separated with a comma, you should be able to use any one of them as a valid answer.

Maybe the other meanings somehow got lost, or are stored in several fields (kitsun expects a single field to be the question it asks for)?

You can also add more accepted answers by adding synonyms with the pen button. In that case you can also add valid solutions to decks you find on the community center.

d

2 Likes

It might be that your answers arent separated by comma but by ;? Or the associated field isn’t being used in your layouts?

Edit: Took a look, seems like it is due to having ; rather than , when separating answers. I saw that you’ve only done two lessons so far, with that in mind I think the easiest solution is to delete the current deck (or just the cards) -> open the vocab list from tangoristo in google sheets/excel/notepad/etc and replace all ; occurences with a , at once -> import the file again.

I can help out if you are unsure of how to do this, let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Neicudi @acm2010

Thank you so much, in hindsight that was so obvious. Everything works perfectly fine now :grin:

2 Likes

Good to hear! Feel free to ask if you have any other questions :smile:

I wonder if there’s a way to solve this ; vs , thing. Like a warning during import or something. I assume a lot of users are going through the same problem since the mainstream tools out there seem to separate by ; :thinking: